Prev: Re: B5 Ship Combat Next: Re: Single Turn Kill was Re: Cinematic vs. Vector movement

FMA/Skirmish: Tanks?

From: Damond Walker <damosan@c...>
Date: Sun, 31 Aug 2003 09:39:12 -0400
Subject: FMA/Skirmish: Tanks?

With ECC (only ;) six months away I thought I'd ask the list for some
ideas
regarding FMA/Skirmish and tanks.

I'm toying with the idea of running a game at the con which will deal
mostly
with WW2 armor (namely Shermans against PzIIIs).  While there will be
infantry and such the real centerpiece will be the tanks.  The minis
would
be 20mm.

The mission would be some type of assault against a fixed position.

Has anyone tried an FMA/Skirmish type game with vehicles?  I'm intrigued
by
the concept of have a crew work together to kill enemy armor.  My plan
is to
allow activations for each of the crewmembers.	Something along the
following:

Driver: Drive, spotting of targets if terrain permits.

Gunner: Fire main gun, fire coax, rotate turret, spot in direction of
turret.

Commander: Rotate turret, spot, transfer actions.

Loader: Load main gun.

Machine Gunner: (for hull mounted MGs) fire MG, spotting to front if
terrain
permits.

Any crewmember can make an action to jump to another position if need
be.

That's the high level view thus far...I'll be suckering my local group
into
trying a few scenarios to see how it fares.

Anyone interested in playing this type of thing at the con?

Damo

Prev: Re: B5 Ship Combat Next: Re: Single Turn Kill was Re: Cinematic vs. Vector movement