Prev: B5 Ship Combat was Re: Cinematic vs. Vector movement Next: Re: Suggested ships?

Re: Single Turn Kill was Re: Cinematic vs. Vector movement

From: Jared Hilal <jlhilal@y...>
Date: Sat, 30 Aug 2003 21:26:02 -0500
Subject: Re: Single Turn Kill was Re: Cinematic vs. Vector movement

DOCAgren@aol.com wrote:

>In a message dated 8/28/03 2:01:49 AM,
>owner-gzg-digest@lists.CSUA.Berkeley.EDU writes:
>
><< Additionally, battles in film, TV and novels, including single ship
>duels, often last mere minutes with a fatal conclusion for (at least)
>one combatant.  A 10-20 minute game turn means that a ship was reduced
>from undamaged to expanding cloud of debris in a single game turn.  I
>have never seen that happen with any FT capital ships that were not
>home-designed. >>
>
>I have seen that, and been the 1 doing the damage, using a stock NSL
Heavy
>Cruiser, killed a FSE Battleship (Mint) in 1 turn, Cascading 6 are your
friend...
>Next turn took on a FSE Heavy Cruiser and Crippled it.

I also have seen this for small and medium ships.  Anyone ever see a FB
"dreadnought" or "superdreadnought" suffer this single game turn fate
from another single FB ship (any size)?  (i.e. not the combined fire or
missile salvos/plasma bolts of a squadron or task group)

I saw one come close but not quite.  A NAC SD got too close to a Phalon
SD (2x pulsar-L, 2x Pulsar-M, 7x Pulsar-C) and was reduced to a small
portion of the 4th row of hull boxes, despite firing first.  RNS Mers
El-Kebir should have been more careful :)

Prev: B5 Ship Combat was Re: Cinematic vs. Vector movement Next: Re: Suggested ships?