Prev: Re: Cinematic vs. Vector movement Next: Re: Ship Figs

Re: Re: Cinematic vs. Vector movement

From: "Laserlight" <laserlight@q...>
Date: Thu, 28 Aug 2003 18:36:48 -0400
Subject: Re: Re: Cinematic vs. Vector movement

> > I'm arguing for
> > realistic vector MOVEMENT,
> > and we do have a pretty good idea how that works in
> > reality.
>
> In which case you're completely missing the point of
> the original discussion, which was "how does vector
> movement affect the way fire is resolved?"

If by "the way fire is resolved" you mean "the mechanism for various
postulated weapons", then I agree they're unknown...but that wasn't
the point of the original post.  If you mean "the timing of fire
resolution", then I agree that was the point of the original post, but
I'd then have to say that it depends on the mechanics of vector
movement (and thus I disagree that they are unknown) rather than those
of the hypothetical weapons, beyond what was already discussed in that
original post.

Prev: Re: Cinematic vs. Vector movement Next: Re: Ship Figs