Prev: RE: Re: Cinematic vs. Vector movement Next: Re: [OFFICIAL] Hammer's Slammers figures in 15mm....

Re: Ship Figs

From: Roger Burton West <roger@f...>
Date: Thu, 28 Aug 2003 21:27:08 +0100
Subject: Re: Ship Figs

On Thu, Aug 28, 2003 at 12:48:35PM -0700, Brian B wrote:
>I found this web site:
>http://www.kallistra.co.uk/
>Can anyone comment from experience on the size/quality
>of these figures as compared to GZG figs?

I've seen their Earth Empire range up close, and I'm not vastly
impressed. There's not much change in style from one ship to the next -
they have more fiddly bits as they get larger, but they're all basically
the same shape (compare the Super Dreadnought and the Destroyers on
http://www.kallistra.co.uk/Earth%20Gallery.html) - so if you don't label
them or give them contrasting paint you'll find it hard to tell them
apart.

The stands are about 1/2 to 2/3 the size of the GZG plastic ones, and
the ships are correspondingly smaller. Overbalancing isn't a problem,
though; not only is there no underside detail, but the larger ships are
actually hollow underneath. (This isn't a problem in normal gaming use,
of course.)

Being fair, the level of detail is reasonable, and I haven't spotted
much in the way of mould lines. I don't think they're a patch on the GZG
ships, but they are a bit cheaper.

Roger

Prev: RE: Re: Cinematic vs. Vector movement Next: Re: [OFFICIAL] Hammer's Slammers figures in 15mm....