Prev: Re: CinC Next: Re: Fwd: Re: Cinematic vs. Vector movement

Re: Fwd: Re: Cinematic vs. Vector movement

From: "Matthew L. Seidl" <seidl@w...>
Date: Fri, 22 Aug 2003 13:37:13 -0600
Subject: Re: Fwd: Re: Cinematic vs. Vector movement

On Fri, 22 Aug 2003 09:50:34 -0700 (PDT), Brian B writes:
>--- Doug Evans <devans@nebraska.edu> wrote:
>
>> Is it a difference that makes a difference? I think
>> so, Oerjan obviously
>> doesn't.
>
>It's an esthetics thing.  Do you think it looks
>unseemly, or silly, or just plain unattractive?  Then
>use Cinematic or apply the aforementioned house rules.
> On the other hand, if you like it,or don't really
>mind, then leave things as is.
>
>Either way, it seems more a matter of personal taste,
>not a game design flaw.

I think some of it comes down to your PSB.

If you think of firing as only 1 or 2 shots, with larger recharge
times between them, it makes perfect sense to thrust in one direction,
spin, shoot, spin back, and keep thrusting.

If firing takes the whole turn (lots of shots), but you have high
reaction drives that let you get a massive thrust for a short time
(with recharge between thrusts), then again you spin only as needed.

If both things take the whole turn though, then the spin shoot spin
cycle seems a bit strange.

-=- Matthew L. Seidl		email: seidl@wraith.com
   =-=
=-= Research Scientist			Project . . . What Project?
   -=-
-=- http://www.wraith.com/seidl 			 -Morrow Quotes
   =-=
=-= My friends tell me I lead far too interesting a life.
   -=-

Prev: Re: CinC Next: Re: Fwd: Re: Cinematic vs. Vector movement