Prev: Re: (FT) UNSC/Movement systems Next: Re: (FT) UNSC/Movement systems

Re:(FT) UNSC/Movement systems

From: "Matt Tope" <mptope@o...>
Date: Tue, 19 Aug 2003 11:42:26 +0100
Subject: Re:(FT) UNSC/Movement systems

Oerjan wrote:

>If OTOH it is intended for Vector movement, then it doesn't really need
3
>arcs for its B4s. Unless the enemy gets to very close range (12 or
less, at
>which point your B2s and B1s kick in full force) you're pretty much
>guaranteed to be able to rotate your ship to face a target, so I'd
replace
>the 2x B4-3 with 3x B4-1 instead.

mmmmmmmmm...3x B4-1 (picking up the lingo at last!), yummy!

Is it best in practice to design vessels specifically for only cinematic
or
only vector movement as appropiate?
My approach has been to try and design vessels which can just be dropped
in
either movement system as they stand.
Finally, would it be true to say that vector movement favours the
Kra'Vak
more than humans/Phalons and the reverse for cinematic? (I'm not trying
poke holes in the system, god forbid, just academic interest :-) )

Regards,

Matt Tope.

Prev: Re: (FT) UNSC/Movement systems Next: Re: (FT) UNSC/Movement systems