Prev: [OT]Wargames Journal now free Next: Re: The People

Re: The People

From: Allan Goodall <agoodall@h...>
Date: Fri, 15 Aug 2003 08:27:16 -0500
Subject: Re: The People

On Fri, 15 Aug 2003 20:52:07 +1000, "Alan and Carmel Brain"
<aebrain@webone.com.au> wrote:

>Not forgetting the Chinese.
>See http://us.cnn.com/2003/SHOWBIZ/books/01/13/1421/
>
>Having read the book, I think he makes a good, even unimpeachable case
for it.

Ummm... you should read some of the reviews about it, particularly in
scholarly journals, etc. I was interested in reading it, but then I read
some
reviews from places like Military History Quarterly and some other
sources.
They _shred_ the book, calling the author's research shoddy at best.

While it isn't unlikely that the Chinese _could_ have made it to North
America, and it would certainly make an interesting background for
alternate
history stories, there is no credible evidence that they actually _did_
make
it to North America.

http://www.hyperbear.com

"The only normal people are the ones you don't know
well!" - Joe Ancis

Prev: [OT]Wargames Journal now free Next: Re: The People