Prev: RE: Ship Class Nomenclature Next: Re: Ship Class Nomenclature

RE: Ship Class Nomenclature

From: Brian B <greywanderer987@y...>
Date: Mon, 4 Aug 2003 16:37:55 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: RE: Ship Class Nomenclature

Yes, but what would you smash against the prow of such
ships to christen them?  A bottle of the wine after
which they're named?  That seems either very
appropriate or darkly prophetic....

--- B Lin <lin@rxkinetix.com> wrote:
> Perhaps not.	There really should be a "Box" class
> freighter for the cheaper wares.  "Port" might be
> nomenclature reserved for "heavy or fortified"
> versions of classes.	"Cognac" might be used for
> "distilled" classes that pack more "punch" than
> their size would normally indicate.
>
> Also just think of the jibes if you lose to such a
> fleet: "You were thrashed by a Dom Perignon '69 and
> a Magnum of Cabernet"
>
> It also leads to a new type of game with higher
> stakes - instead of ships, you play with actual
> (full)wine bottles - kills are claimed as victory
> spoils.
>
> --Binhan

=====
"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always
so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts."

--Bertrand Russell

http://sitebuilder.yahoo.com

Prev: RE: Ship Class Nomenclature Next: Re: Ship Class Nomenclature