Prev: Re: [FT] Exactly how popular is Full Thrust? Next: Re: [FT] Exactly how popular is Full Thrust?

RE: Who is going to GenCon

From: Scott Siebold <gamers@a...>
Date: Fri, 25 Jul 2003 00:30:45 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: RE: Who is going to GenCon

>I will post suggestions after I get more than two
hours >sleep and
>metabolize this ale. I don't drink often.
I didn't plan on going to GenCon this year but due to
two major issues I reconsidered. I had to replace
my roof which shot my budget and so I had to drop
Historicon and I need my "CON FIX" or I start to get
depressed. I ended up spending one day at GenCon
and only hit the dealer area.

I picked up the Aurora Drop Ship and each attendee
was allowed only one (they punched the GenCon
badge). It's a fairly good model and will bring
the number of LST's in the fleet (my friend and
I's fleets) up to five. Talking to some of the
people waiting in line, they were purchasing the
Aurora as a limited addition colectors item and
didn't even plan on taking it out of the box
(this is a waste of a wargame model in my opinion).

Ran into Dean Gundberg (Starship Combat News) at
the Galactic Knights booth. Lucked out in that
I was buying Terran and Entamolian ships and he
was buying Carnivorian and Avian. Didn't have
much time to talk but I was impressed by the
number of fleets he had painted (17 by his count).
I guess I'll have to give my Space fleets higher
priority in the "to paint" queue.

Scott Siebold

Prev: Re: [FT] Exactly how popular is Full Thrust? Next: Re: [FT] Exactly how popular is Full Thrust?