Prev: RE: Small Colonies Next: RE: Small Colonies

Re: Small Colonies

From: "Imre A. Szabo" <ias@s...>
Date: Sun, 13 Jul 2003 08:25:42 -0400
Subject: Re: Small Colonies

Cloaking Lurker Mode Off...

Actually, I tend to think of Demos and Phobos as rather small asteroids.
Pallas and Ceres are the large one.  Another interesting possiblity is
have the planet itself be a large moon of a Gas Giant.	This would mean
numerous other moons and asteroids sized moons nearby.	While most star
formation design systems don't allow a gas giant to be in the biozone of
star, the entire field of star system formation is on the verge of a
major
overhaul.  The problem is that the more we find out about other star
systems, the more difficult it becomes to explain how they formed under
the
existing theory.  I've had doubts about that theory for years...

I've been working on varient star system generation systems losely based
on
the StarFire system.  It allows for migratory systems (StarFire doesn't,
but
mine does), so you can Gas Giants that migrated into the inner star
system,
including the biozone.	If I ever get around to coding it, I'll make it
available to the list.

ias

Prev: RE: Small Colonies Next: RE: Small Colonies