Prev: Re: What's wrong with SF? Next: RE: [eBay] White Stars Price Problem + Last Day

RE: [eBay] White Stars Price Problem + Last Day

From: "Dean Gundberg" <Dean.Gundberg@n...>
Date: Fri, 11 Jul 2003 09:16:32 -0500
Subject: RE: [eBay] White Stars Price Problem + Last Day

> >Well, the not-White Stars are still a bit out of my comfort zone,

Allan, you did very well with those not-White-Stars.  They were not from
the
UK, the are the 'White Dwarf' minis from Studio Bergstrom in Baltimore:
http://www.geocities.com/Area51/Meteor/4155/thumbs/orderform.html
I have some and they are still available for only $0.80 each!

SB also has a Stargate available which could look cool as part of a
Stargrunt game.

> >Also, what ARE those paints on the Sathar? Lovely retro green on
pink.

> The paint are Armory acrylics. The Sathar ships used a metallic
> green and a
> metallic pinkish purple.

This is the famous 'Revlon Fleet'.  When I started going back to GenCon
in
97 or 98, we had a game for all the GZG-list members who showed up.  I
was
just getting back into gaming and didn't have any fleets bought let
alone
painted (I now have 12 painted and 17 in the que to be painted.)  So
Allan
let me use his Sathers and I commented on how they looked like nail
polish,
thus they were dubbed, the Revlon Fleet.

Dean Gundberg

Starship Combat News
The latest information on Space Games and Miniatures
http://www.star-ranger.com
dean@star-ranger.com

Prev: Re: What's wrong with SF? Next: RE: [eBay] White Stars Price Problem + Last Day