Prev: Re: [eBay] White Stars Price Problem + Last Day Next: Re: Wargames Stores

[DS] Computer assistance

From: Jakim Friant <jakim@f...>
Date: Fri, 11 Jul 2003 09:52:59 -0400
Subject: [DS] Computer assistance

While playtesting a Dirtside scenario a while back I wrote a computer
program to roll dice, draw chits, and basically resolve the to-hit
process.  I was inspired by the chit-draw programs written by Yves and
Thomas Heaney, but I wanted it to do more than just draw chits.  I set
it
up where the user can pick the size and type of weapon, the firecon
level,
etc., and then the program will roll the appropriate dice and pick the
correct number of chits and give a final result.  I've only used it for
solo playtests, but it's turned out to be really useful for speeding up
game.

Anyway, I thought some other Dirtside players might be interested in
trying it out so, with the permission of Jon T., I've set up a page
where
you can download the program:
http://www.friant.org/source/
There's a version for both Windows and Linux.  Also you can download the

source code (Delphi/Kylix) if that interests you.

Also you can look at a screen shot (at the bottom of the page):
http://www.angelfire.com/nc/wconvention/wc_cawg.html

--
| J.Friant | Website: www.friant.org | *-@-*-@-*-@-*-@-*-@ |

Prev: Re: [eBay] White Stars Price Problem + Last Day Next: Re: Wargames Stores