Prev: Re: Wargames Stores Next: Re: What's wrong with SF?

Re: Wargames Stores

From: Indy <kochte@s...>
Date: Fri, 11 Jul 2003 07:48:33 -0400
Subject: Re: Wargames Stores

<richardkirke@hotmail.com>
> wrote:
>
> >There are a few wargames stores (other than GW, which I think we all
agree
> >doesn't count) in the country, such as Keep Wargaming... but never
anywhere
> >near where I live!
>
> Those of us on _this_ side of the pond can grumble, too. For one
thing, the
> vast majority of the U.K. is within a single day's drive. You just do
not get
> the single day game shows here in North America. Instead, you get big
shows in
> the summer that run several days. Even still, it usually has to be a
vacation
> trip (costing you lodging money, money to attend, money to get to the
location
> in the first place).

One thing that most of us over here on the western side of the pond
forget is that gas prices in England (and Europe and elsewhere) are
far far higher than what we pay. I don't know about many of you here
in North America, but I travel a lot, and if something is within an
hour's drive of me I more or less consider it "local". I pay far less
for the gas consumed on that two-hour roundtrip venture than many
people would in England.

Not that I'm complaining about gas prices over here, just trying to
put some perspective on it for everyone.

Mk

Prev: Re: Wargames Stores Next: Re: What's wrong with SF?