Prev: Re: [FT] Exactly how popular is Full Thrust? Next: Re: [FT] Exactly how popular is Full Thrust?

Re: [FT] Exactly how popular is Full Thrust?

From: Doug Evans <devans@n...>
Date: Thu, 10 Jul 2003 07:12:53 -0500
Subject: Re: [FT] Exactly how popular is Full Thrust?

>Ordering it yourself really isn't much of a problem.

That isn't the point; we in the US *are* spoilt in just the manner
Richard
suggested. Of course, I withheld my rant that he was probably spoilt
having
wargame gatherings within a hundred miles on a regular basis.

It would have been unfair; I've several local shops that do yeoman duty
there. But, they do have vested interest in what's put on.

Because of that, if it's not on the shelf, if the store owners aren't
showing it to new customers, we tend not to have the fan infrastructure,
non-shop-oriented wargame clubs across the country, to flog something
big
time, and people tend not to buy out of magazine ads and reviews.

Be sure to recognize the 'across the country' and 'tend not to...' refer
trends, not individual cases.

Lastly, I'd like to point out that the question of distribution in the
US
wasn't entirely Jon's decision...

The_Beast

Prev: Re: [FT] Exactly how popular is Full Thrust? Next: Re: [FT] Exactly how popular is Full Thrust?