Prev: Re: [FT] Exactly how popular is Full Thrust? Next: Re: [FT] Exactly how popular is Full Thrust?

Re: [FT] Exactly how popular is Full Thrust?

From: "Germ" <germ@g...>
Date: Tue, 8 Jul 2003 16:43:47 +0100
Subject: Re: [FT] Exactly how popular is Full Thrust?

> It might have something to do with almost no _real_ competition. FT is
easy to
> learn and not too complicated. It has a straightforward design system.
Players
> like to design their own ships. In many ways, FT taps into the same
impulse
> that gets people buying collectible (or, put another way, "tuneable")
card
> games.

Allan I'm not so sure. Most of what I read about people being put off FT
is
the fact that
the ship design bit 'is' up to the player. Games these days that become
quickly become popular
are the ones you can play straight out of the box.
Look at all the Wizkids stuff.
The more popular games seem to be those where the unit stats, points
values
and army lists
are all ready made.

To get the most out of FT takes time, which leads me back to the fact
that
despite this, it still
gets a mention everytime.

Your point about lack of competition might be closer to the truth.

Jeremey
www.germy.co.uk

Prev: Re: [FT] Exactly how popular is Full Thrust? Next: Re: [FT] Exactly how popular is Full Thrust?