Prev: Re: [FT] Exactly how popular is Full Thrust? Next: Beth, about that unanswered question - was Re: [Stargrunt-Fullthrust] IC TO&E ideas

Bolo Mark I possible with DS2 ? Re: [Stargrunt-Fullthrust] Threads

From: Glenn M Wilson <warbeads@j...>
Date: Tue, 08 Jul 2003 06:50:48 PDT
Subject: Bolo Mark I possible with DS2 ? Re: [Stargrunt-Fullthrust] Threads

On Mon, 30 Jun 2003 20:38:25 -0400 (EDT) <hornung@buffnet.net> writes:
<snip>
>As for Planetary assaults we have done designs of Ogre type vehicles
>using
>DS-II.  The main problem is that there are no weapons classes above
>size 5
>to really get the feel of an OGRE, not just an Ogre but an OGRE!

Class 7 modules for a Modular vehicle.	The Modular Vehicle (page 15)
is
specifically referred to  as an attempt to represent Bolo Vehicles (try
four class 7 track units - armor class 7 (add reactive or Ablative Armor
as desired)  - (or more units if you want), Fast Tracked,  FGP,  Four
Superior FCS's, a front Hull of class 7 - armor class 7 -  and a rear
hull of class 7 - Armor Class 7.  Without stretching the classes of guns
(which I would do for these, maybe) you can get  (Front Hull) Main gun -
Class 5 weapon mount, MDC perhaps [here is the weakest part of the
representation of a Bolo IMO,] PDS/Sup, ADS/BAS, APSW x 5, APFC, (add
Reactive or Ablative Armor if desired) and (Rear Hull)	as an
alternative
try this - you get a HAR, LAD, Secondary Turret class 1 (MDC?), PDS/Sup,
HEL/1 (36 Inches, 2 chits versus Infantry plus 60 inch light gun,)
GMS/H
and APFC (add reactive or Ablative Armor if desired.)  Check Math, I did
that on the fly.  But I think it makes a nice approximation of a BOLO
Mark I.  But only a Mark I, sigh.

If you tweak (Illegal in 40 states... <grin>)you can try a  "DFFG/5 with
range of a HEL..." weapon.   Ouch!

>But I do think that the design and game system is flexible enough to
>do
>it, needs tweaking but doable.
>
>Dave Hornung, Buffalo the Miami of the North

Gracias,
Glenn - warbeads@juno.com
Saint Louis, the sweatbox of the nation...
.
6 mm miniatures rule!  Well, anyway in my mind they do!
.

Surf the web up to FIVE TIMES FASTER!