Prev: Re: [OT/SG] Irregular Miniatures' 15mm "Star Marines" -- anyone have pictures? Next: Re: Just painted some 6mm armour using Oils

Re: FT fighters question

From: Oerjan Ohlson <oerjan.ohlson@t...>
Date: Tue, 08 Jul 2003 09:28:05 +0200
Subject: Re: FT fighters question

Mark Drake wrote:

>Does anyone play fighters using them as individual ships?

AFAIK only in fighter-vs-fighter games (where larger ships are
essentially
part of the scenery, if they're present at all). Tracking individual
fighters in larger battles rapidly adds up to lots of paperwork...
particularly if each fighter starts haring off on its own instead of
staying with its squadron.

>If so, are there any rules conversions available for doing so?

I've seen Star Wars fighters translated into Full Thrust ships, but that

was long ago and I've lost the URL :-(

>1. How do you model Q-ships in FT?

Stats-wise a Q-ship is a freighter with its cargo holds replaced by
weapons
and/or fighters; modelling-wise I just use standard freighter models.

They lose much of their purpose in solo play though, since the main idea

with Q-ships is that the enemy don't realise that they're present until
it
is too late... and when the same player plays both sides, you kinda lose

the element of surprise :-/ You can get interesting games if the
attackers
use pre-programmed manoeuvres (or their course of action determined by a

die roll) and the solo player plays the Q-ship, though.

Regards,

Oerjan
oerjan.ohlson@telia.com

"Life is like a sewer.