Prev: Re: Birost (was Re: [OFFICIAL] 15mm NEWS!!!) Next: Re: [OFFICIAL] 15mm NEWS!!!

Re: [OT] What modeling scale does 15mm translate to?

From: Glenn M Wilson <warbeads@j...>
Date: Wed, 02 Jul 2003 06:35:27 PDT
Subject: Re: [OT] What modeling scale does 15mm translate to?

On Wed, 02 Jul 2003 13:47:14 +0100 Tony Francis
<tony@brigademodels.co.uk> writes:
<snip>
>The consensus seems to be that 15mm is nominally 1/100th. The nearest
>vehicle kits to that scale are Roco's 1/87th minitanks (although these
>
>are true kits in that they consist of a small number of parts and come
>
>assembled) which a number of listers have converted for use (including
>
>me, before I started making my own 15mm). Alternatively, 1/76th or
>1/72nd vehicles offer a huge range of possibilities - metal 15mm
>figures
>look fine up against these scales.
>
>Tony

Not to throw a spanner in the works but I recently bought some OOP
'true'
15 mm figures (15 mm to top of head/hat/beret/helmet) and I have a pack
of 15 mm UNSC I hope to covert to "M-i-i-i-i-c-e in Space" (add tail,
the
snout helmet fits a mouse face, they might do as GM (Genetically
Modified) Martian Mouse stock next to a 28mm Stan Johansen Mekpur
(feline) figure.)  Lots of difference between 15 mm figure lines (almost
as much as 25 mm I suspect as the recent talk of Eureka's "18 mm is 15
mm" Mex-Am war figures on another list has shown.)  Take some figures to
a local shop and visually compare.  Heck it's a problem in 6 mm too H&R
figures next to an Irregular 8 wheeled APC ("Yep, Ace, the whole
Freaking
Company rides in one vehicle I bet!")  [Okay, a L_i_t_t_l_e
exaggerated...but you get my point, no?]

Gracias,
Glenn - warbeads@juno.com
.
6 mm miniatures rule!  Well, anyway in my mind they do!
.

Surf the web up to FIVE TIMES FASTER!

Prev: Re: Birost (was Re: [OFFICIAL] 15mm NEWS!!!) Next: Re: [OFFICIAL] 15mm NEWS!!!