Prev: [OT] What modeling scale does 15mm translate to? Next: Re: [OT] What modeling scale does 15mm translate to?

Re: [OT] What modeling scale does 15mm translate to?

From: Doug Evans <devans@n...>
Date: Wed, 2 Jul 2003 07:45:57 -0500
Subject: Re: [OT] What modeling scale does 15mm translate to?

>I like to convert my own vehicles for gaming use.  With all you
Stargrunters
>excited about 15mm, would any of you know what scale models most
closely
>resemble 15mm?  Is that like 1/72, 1/60, etc.?

Tricky stuff, that; wars have been fought over scales, as well as by...
;->=

Originally, 1/72 was 25mm, then between not being able to see tops of
heads
and the uncommon-ness of 6 ft folk historically, and figs being measured
from toe-to-eye, 1/72 started moving to 20mm. Or 25mm started moving to
1/64, your choice.

May I suggest The Miniatures Page for info:
http://www.theminiaturespage.com/ref/glossary.html
http://www.theminiaturespage.com/ref/scales.html

Good luck! Fortunately, sci-fi vehicles have enough leeway that you just
have to go with what looks right. A recently acquired MechWarrior drop
ship
will probably do duty in all scales from Evil Empire's(tm) gawdawfulbig
down to DSII(albeit as a monster transport)...

The_Beast

Prev: [OT] What modeling scale does 15mm translate to? Next: Re: [OT] What modeling scale does 15mm translate to?