Prev: Re: The quest for Babylon 5 Next: Looking how to depict a Heavy Scrambler

Re: The quest for Babylon 5

From: Nyrath the nearly wise <nyrathwiz@c...>
Date: Sat, 28 Jun 2003 17:44:41 -0400
Subject: Re: The quest for Babylon 5

Roger Burton West wrote:
> On Sat, Jun 28, 2003 at 07:55:24AM -0400, Nyrath the nearly wise
wrote:
>>Question: are the ship description format wars over yet?
>
> Nope.
>
> But anything vaguely machine-parseable is good. FTJava XML has the
> problem that weapons that aren't yet in the game aren't defined, and
of
> course it's bulky. My new shiptools program produces output like:
{snip}
> but that's not exactly "human-readable".

	Pity that there is no standard.

	I will say that
	your Shiptools program is my design tool of choice.
	However I do use Star Ranger's Fleet Designer Excel
	Spreadsheet if I am creating something with a
	cloaking device or other non-Shiptools supported system.
	Both tools have their strengths and weaknesses.

	The fleet tools software is great as well,
	once I managed to get GhostScript installed.

Prev: Re: The quest for Babylon 5 Next: Looking how to depict a Heavy Scrambler