Prev: Re: SG2 Platoon leader casualties Next: Re: The quest for Babylon 5

Alien formations for SG 2 questions.

From: Glenn M Wilson <warbeads@j...>
Date: Sat, 28 Jun 2003 10:19:23 PDT
Subject: Alien formations for SG 2 questions.

Okay, I have dumped most of my 25 mm Science Fiction figures (and the
historical ones too with fantasy posting next) but I DID keep a few
figures:

>From [Pre-GW] Space marines
Rauwoofs - I am looking at about a Company of these Canine like
creatures
Blarads - Looking a Platoon or so with attached Heavy Weapons of these
Allied Ursinoids
Whistler Mercenary unit of Avian types. (small 'security' force)

My question is about using the TO&E as designed back in the early 1970's
in SG2.

A base unit is the section (IIRC that is the name) of 12 figures.

There are 3 Fire Teams of 2 Blast Rifles and one Hand Scrambler; one
(two
canine) PML team (Gunner has Blast Pistol and loader has Blast Carbine,)
and a Section Leader (B. R. and sensor) in a section.  They use 100%
'sneak suits' - intelligent camo pattern/color changing battle dress
basically.

The Blast weapons are advanced beyond SG 2 human Technology  (they are
either Class "A" - uses auto fire template in SM or Class "B" - two
aimed
shots or auto fire template with a turn for the power source to rebuild
to firing level - for simplicity and from an earlier version I will use
"A") so I was thinking of keeping the TO&E the same and assigning values
to the weapons of a section as	follows:

Weapon		Range			FP	Impact die
Blast Pistol	Band 2 maximum		2	D6
Blast Carbine	Band 3 maximum		3	D8
Blast Rifle	All			3	D10
Hand Scrambler	All			1	D10

A Company has 6 sections of Light Infantry,  a Mortar Section (15
canines, 3 light Mortars, 2 Fire Control techs and a S. L. ) plus a 13
Canine Weapons Platoon with 4 Tripod Blasters set up for AAA on Floaters
(I am sure they can be fired horizontally if needed) and finally a HQ
section of 7 canines (2 Officers and 5 Enlisted.)  Totals 107 Canines if
my math is right.

The first question should I field the FT's as 3 canine 'squads' with a
FP
of 7 - use D8 -  and Impact of D10

OR

two "demi-platoons" (one with FP 14 and Impact D10; second with FP
18/18/13/10 and  variable impact die (D9 [use 8]/D9.6 [use 10]/D10/D10)
at different range bands)?

And of course the most important part of an alien force - the
Psychology.
 I have a few ideas but I would like some input before I blab my views
on
the Rauwoof military mind set.	Rauwoofs are not so much "Dogs In Space"
as something combining traits of Wolves, Cape Hunting Dogs, (and a touch
of Jackal and or Hyena, maybe.)

Gracias,
Glenn - warbeads@juno.com
.
6 mm miniatures rule!  Well, anyway in my mind they do!
.

Surf the web up to FIVE TIMES FASTER!

Prev: Re: SG2 Platoon leader casualties Next: Re: The quest for Babylon 5