Prev: Re: SG2 Platoon leader casualties Next: Re: SG2 Platoon leader casualties

The quest for Babylon 5

From: Nyrath the nearly wise <nyrathwiz@c...>
Date: Sat, 28 Jun 2003 07:55:24 -0400
Subject: The quest for Babylon 5

Gotta love the Internet...

I recently obtained an AOG Babylon 5 station miniature.
Now all I needed was a ship control sheet for it.

For some reason Google was being more unhelpful than usual.
But I remembered seeing something on Star Rangers site.
A few minutes of looking and on this page
http://www.star-ranger.com/GC99friday.htm
I found a reference to "Mark Siefert's Severed Dreams game".

A quick trip to the GZG list archives, and I discovered
that Mark obtained his B5 sheet from Jerry Han.

A visit to Jerry's site soon revealed a control sheet
http://www.warpfish.com/jhan/ft/sdream/b5stat.txt

I emailed Jerry, asking about the photo of the
jumpgate miniature in one of the GenCon photos.
I mentioned his B5 sheet.  He said that I should
examine Aaron Newman's sheet on his site
http://www.geocities.com/Area51/Vault/6990/
since that one was better playtested.

So I have my sheets.

Of course, Aaron's sheet is based on the EFSB system,
while Jerry's is FT 2.0.  I'm toying with trying
to convert each one to FT 2.5 and trying both out.

And of course I had to make a panic rush to the AOG
site to pick up a few more Omega destroyers, so
my mini collection could accommodate a "Severed Dreams"
scenario. <grin>

Question: are the ship description format wars over yet?
I've found two different web pages describing the format
of two incompatible ascii descriptions of a FT ship,
not counting the XML format used by FTJava.
Is there an accepted standard?

Prev: Re: SG2 Platoon leader casualties Next: Re: SG2 Platoon leader casualties