Prev: RE: [SG2] GMS/P against infantry? Next: Loss of platoon leaders

Re: SG2 Platoon leader casualties

From: "Richard Kirke" <richardkirke@h...>
Date: Tue, 24 Jun 2003 19:10:05 +0000
Subject: Re: SG2 Platoon leader casualties

Tom,

Yeah, something pretty similar happened to me a while back in my first
dabbles with SGII. I took the opposite reading of the rules.

It states that if  "Unit" looses it's commander then it gains an extra
supression and must take confidence test.

So I suppressed the entire platoon and they all took a morale check
(this
resulted in pandemonium with nearly the complete force failing).

Feeling that this was a) a bit harsh and b) unrealsitic I collared John
Tuffley at a wargames show and asked him. His response was something
along
the lines of "Oh, that... yes we didn't write any rules for that... it
would
depend on the scenario".

Basicly if you have an unpire, he (or she) can make it all up on the
spot to
seem fair. Without an umpire it all becomes a bit trickier.

I would certainly only allow the comander and Sgt to trasnfer actions
etc.
Beyond that, it's all a bit difficult to say.

Any thoughts anyone else?

Richard

>So...	I'm reading the rules again cover-to-cover to see if I missed
>anything.  I have some ideas on how to handle this in the future, but
I'm
>just wondering what house rules and/or errata exist (if any) to cover
this
>situation?
>
>Tom

P.s. my appologies for the cross-posting, but as ever, 2 lists are
better
than one

http://www.msn.co.uk/messenger

Prev: RE: [SG2] GMS/P against infantry? Next: Loss of platoon leaders