Prev: Re: Fiji in space but back on earth, oy ve?!?!? Next: Re: FSE

Re: Power Projection:Escort - Coolness

From: Dominic Mooney <dom@c...>
Date: Mon, 23 Jun 2003 23:49:52 +0100
Subject: Re: Power Projection:Escort - Coolness

On Sunday, Jun 1, 2003, at 01:51 Europe/London, Mark A. Siefert wrote:
> Dominic informed us that due to real life events, the release of PP:
> Fleets
> would be delayed several months.  I think he said he was still
> shooting for
> June or July release.

Andy Lilly (BITS director etc) has gone away on holiday for a week.
He's promised to return with the first Quark draft of PP:Fleet for me
to proof read. I'm planning on taking two days off work this week to
pretty much complete the Imperial SSDs, which should be pretty easy now
I've done the icons for the fighters (a Rampart in silhouette) and
carried vessels (a Gunship from AHL in silhouette again). The downside
is that the big ships take at least an hour a piece. There are
currently ~30 ships, and I'm doing 12 hour days at real work at the mo.
Hence the holiday to finish this.

The draft leaves us in a position that I can make sure that everything
hangs together okay, and gives us the first idea of page count...
currently, the Word master file without graphics is 150 pages long...

> As for miniatures... sigh...	No.  There was a movement a few months
> back to
> try to get a new line of Traveller minis started.  However the project

> died
> horribly when Marc Miller asked a little too much for a licensing fee
> than
> the guys running it could afford.  Besides, the ships where mainly
> going to
> be PC ships (scouts, far traders, smaller escorts) rather than any
> sort of
> capital ships.

IIRC SJ Games have the rights to produce Traveller minis, but have been
holding fire at the moment. Perhaps they want to wait for GT Starships
and GT Imperial Navy...

> Personally, I like the new ship designs.  Having looked at the ships
> illustrations in "Brilliant Lances" and other Traveller-related
> supplements,
> I think that many of the ships are need of a serious "update."
>
> There is a Power Projection discussion group on Yahoo groups.  Go to
> groups.yahoo.com and run a search of either "Traveller",  "Full
> Thrust" or
> "Power Projection" and you should find it.

You'll also find Mark's excellent and handy reference sheet there...

Cheers,

Dom

---------dom@cybergoths.u-net.com----------
'The Fool escaped from Paradise will look over
his shoulder & cry / Sit and chew on daffodils and
struggle to answer why?' Script for a Jester's Tear
http://www.marillion.com/   http://www.bits.org.uk/

Prev: Re: Fiji in space but back on earth, oy ve?!?!? Next: Re: FSE