Prev: Re: Fiji in space but back on earth, oy ve?!?!? Next: Re: [SG 2 bacckground mostly] Odd thoughts about OU forces and GZG figures in a unit. was Re: Fiji in space but back on earth, oy ve?!?!?

[SG 2 bacckground mostly] Odd thoughts about OU forces and GZG figures in a unit. was Re: Fiji in space but back on earth, oy ve?!?!?

From: Glenn M Wilson <warbeads@j...>
Date: Fri, 20 Jun 2003 08:54:29 PDT
Subject: [SG 2 bacckground mostly] Odd thoughts about OU forces and GZG figures in a unit. was Re: Fiji in space but back on earth, oy ve?!?!?

>From the 1981 (National Geographic) Atlas [first one on shelf at home]

	Guam:		     106,000
	other:			  4,000
North Marianas: 			17,000
Federated States:			unstated
Ex-pat. French:
	French Polynesia:	     147,000
	Wallis and Futuna:		10,000
	New Caledonia:		      137,000

The last two may not be ex-French but the listing put them under the
French Terrirtories subheading...

I assume any nations not mentioned will not skew the numbers
significantly.

The numbers will have increased but I will assume the relative numbers
stay pretty close to the same.

So, in the 1981 Atlas I see approximately
			17.7 Million Aussies and New Zealanders
							   4.6 Million
"other Islanders"
			22.3 Million (+/-) total max. pop.

Numerically 20.1% (+/-) of a mixed unit should be represented by
non-european figures.  Of course if the units were raised regionally
then
the % could vary from 0% to 100%.  So, how does the OU recruit their
soldiers/sailors/airmen/marines/spacers ?

Gracias,
Glenn
.
6 mm miniatures rule!  Well, anyway in my mind they do!
.
On Fri, 20 Jun 2003 11:27:35 +1000 <beth.fulton@csiro.au> writes:
>G'day,
>
>> But most of the GZG figures I remember seeing in the catalog for the
>
>> OU look Aussie/Kiwi oriented - Hmmm, time to check population
>numbers
>> of the islands in the CIA world fact book to see what the realtive
>> numbers are...  Might be numerically accurate at that.
>
>Lots of Pacific Islanders, but few islanders per se (the entire
>population of the Nauru nation is about 12500 for instance)
>
>Cheers
>
>Beth

>Get A Free Psychic Reading! Your Online Answer To Life's Important
>Questions.
>http://us.click.yahoo.com/Lj3uPC/Me7FAA/ySSFAA/I6QolB/TM
>
>Shortcut URL to this page:
>  http://www.onelist.com/community/Stargrunt-Fullthrust