Prev: Re: [FT] Fighter descriptions Next: Re: [FT] Fighter descriptions

Re: [FT] Fighter descriptions

From: "ERIC FOLEY" <stiltman@t...>
Date: Fri, 20 Jun 2003 01:50:35 -0700
Subject: Re: [FT] Fighter descriptions

Perhaps use the following nomenclature... stick with the regular H/A/T/I
for
the basic stuff, and put the letter in lowercase if those elements are
weakened rather than strengthened.

So an attack fighter standard would be...

24-12/6Ai

And if you just flat out _can't_ attack something, stick a "-x" suffix
after
the letter.  Standard interceptor is thus...

24-12/6Ia-x

Another way to do it would be to leave the letter in uppercase but put
it in
parentheses or something to indicate a weakening...

24-12/6A(I) for an attack fighter
24-12/6I(A-x) for an interceptor

Thus, all the letters stay intuitive but you can adopt one or the other
nomenclature to use the same letter to denote either a strengthening or
weakening rather than adding a different one and having to remember what
the
heck it refers to.

Just a thought...

(aka Stilt Man)