Prev: Re: FMA Thrust v0.5 Next: Re: FMA Thrust v0.5

Re: FMA Thrust v0.5

From: devans@n...
Date: Wed, 4 Jun 2003 11:14:15 -0500
Subject: Re: FMA Thrust v0.5

Two can play at dumb-and-dumberer...

>well, I don't account for arcs (other than their extra mass), so it's
>vector; and I'm weighting (in the QD) the turning ability as worth
twice
>what a thrust point is worth, so it's cinematic; and "mind" is probably
>generous description.

Well, using the same analysis as one would with a man with one hand in
boiling water, and another in dry ice, it seems nicely balanced for
either... ;->=

I guess my first question should have been to get my muddled thoughts
clear: is your general concept for a simplification of firing and
damage,
but using regular play otherwise?

Were you thinking of system and critical 'hits' damage? Possibly tied to
hull boxes? Or perhaps you were thinking of recalculating mass (probably
on
a table created before the game) subtracting lost boxes equivalents in
mass?

Sorry this is so disjointed (yes, even more so than normal), but talking
interesting things while at work still puts me in a
stream-of-consciousness
mode.

The_Beast

Prev: Re: FMA Thrust v0.5 Next: Re: FMA Thrust v0.5