Prev: RE: Alien shipbits Next: RE: Laying in wait for John A

Re: 3D Printers

From: Michael Robert Blair <pellinoire@y...>
Date: Mon, 26 May 2003 09:17:36 +0100 (BST)
Subject: Re: 3D Printers

I remember hearing or reading something about the 3-D
printers last year or so. One used a wax as a
temporary material for complex 3-D shapes. After the
model is finished the wax is removed leaving the
complete model.

The UV-laser and tank of resin method is starting to
sound so passé... Though I know that one company who
did use it wanted to use old-fashioned resin and
rubber to make copies as the UV and resin is so
expensive. This was at least five years ago though.

If I ever win the lottery (though I would have to
start doing it!) I had planned to get a CAD-CAM
milling machine; maybe a 3-D printer would be
better...

Michael

It's Samaritans' Week. Help Samaritans help others.
Call 08709 000032 to give or donate online now at
http://www.samaritans.org/support/donations.shtm

Prev: RE: Alien shipbits Next: RE: Laying in wait for John A