Prev: Re: A new solution to the buying/painting miniatures problem Next: Alien shipbits

Re: A new solution to the buying/painting miniatures problem

From: Tony Francis <tony@b...>
Date: Fri, 23 May 2003 16:58:22 +0100
Subject: Re: A new solution to the buying/painting miniatures problem

devans@nebraska.edu wrote:

>My question is just how robust the final product is.

I believe it's a wax-like product, and from what I've read it will break

if not handled gently. It's intended as a prototype from which moulds
can then be made for mass-production.

Apparently the Z-Corp machines are cheaper but produce a rougher finish.

All of them make their models in layers, so they would have a slight
stepped appearance (although with a resolution of approaching 300dpi
this wouldn't be immediately obvious).

http://www.protoshape.com/
http://www.3dq.com/default.asp

both offer immediate (and quite quick) 3D printing services at not
unreasonable cost.

Tony

Prev: Re: A new solution to the buying/painting miniatures problem Next: Alien shipbits