Prev: Re: Some Japanese Kits Next: Re: [OT] Update JohnA

[OT] Ginga Eiyu Densetsu Re: Some Japanese Kits

From: devans@n...
Date: Sat, 17 May 2003 09:57:40 -0500
Subject: [OT] Ginga Eiyu Densetsu Re: Some Japanese Kits

OT, though even Jon has mentioned Heldensagen in FTII...

>Somewhat too big for FT :-(

As I said, though not impossibly, for a) a very large table, b) floor
play.

>(*) Pity about the mangled German, though.

Fortunately, few of the fans know enough German to notice. ;->=

We're too busy being ashamed not to know enough Japanese to watch
without
subtitles.

The list moderator for LoGH has a signature with a quote from the series
with a (sic) to indicate the mangling. There are also problems with the
socio-political constructs, and some of the military situations are just
plain silly.

But there are space battles with TENS of THOUSANDS of SHIPS, and NO
MECHA!
I HAVE TO LOVE IT!

*ahem*

The_Beast

PS With all the discussion on when we'll have bought enough metal, I
don't
think the worthy Mr. Tuffley will ever have produced enough ships to run
even a smaller LoGH battle. Think Napoleonic formations with battleships
through SDN's replacing individual soldiers...

PPS I've only seen one space battle to surpass these, and I think it was
very later Votom. Even though it DID have mecha, if anyone is familiar
with
this, let me know directly.

Prev: Re: Some Japanese Kits Next: Re: [OT] Update JohnA