Prev: Re: [OT] Update JohnA Next: Re: [OT] Update JohnA

Re: The GZG Digest V2 #1614

From: Scott Siebold <gamers@a...>
Date: Sat, 17 May 2003 01:02:50 -0500
Subject: Re: The GZG Digest V2 #1614

>At least I didn't use the old term for early WW2 German troops that
would
>land on captured airfields (Air Landing IIRC...)  In those big Ju-352's
>(is that number right?) again IIRC.  Flying into an enemy airfiled the
>parachute guys had just captured in a air version of a LST (Beth, in
case
>this one is not on your list - Landing Ship Tank aka Large Slow
Target.)

Close, that's Ju-52 and they worked out OK  when the Germans invaded
Norway but
took a pounding when the Germans invaded Create (?). Actually the glider

was the prefered
way for the air landing types and most nations during WWII had them. The

reason for
landing the Ju-52's at Norway and Crete (I wasn't sure if they did land
there) was due
to the distance that the aircraft had to travel being to great for a
glider towing Ju-52 to
be able to return after releasing it's tow.

Scott Siebold

Prev: Re: [OT] Update JohnA Next: Re: [OT] Update JohnA