Prev: Re: [OT] Update JohnA Next: Re: [DSII] CAV Re: The GZG Digest V2 #1602

RE: Sensors/ECM (bit long, sorry)

From: "laserlight@q..." <laserlight@quixnet.net>
Date: Thu, 15 May 2003 10:52:50 -0400
Subject: RE: Sensors/ECM (bit long, sorry)

>These will be very important to any warship, because the ability to hit
you
enemy is determined by predicting WHERE he will be when you shot reaches

him. Upgrading the sensors from the standard ones used on every warsip
will
allow a ship more chace to hit by providing more data for the firecoms
process, allowing a better chance to predict WHERE he will be.

Is this actually the case?  You've got two questions here: "can we see
where this blob is and guess where it's going?" and "can we tell what
this
blob is?"  The former is the province of FireCons, the latter is what
Sensors are for.

I can see B/A/S firecons providing different range bands--eg could be
Basic
= 6", Adv = 8", Superior = 10" (or B6/A7/S8--whatever).

Sensors should have the ability to
a. see the ship in the first place
b. determine its mass
c. determine class ("Hattin class CH")
d. determine specific ship / SSD ("Ain Jalut is a Hattin class but
replaced
2xSMR with 4xB2")
e. determine active systems and damage
Take a look at Derek's sensor rules for possibilities

http://mail2web.com/ .

Prev: Re: [OT] Update JohnA Next: Re: [DSII] CAV Re: The GZG Digest V2 #1602