Prev: Re: [Power Projection] Review Next: Re: [Power Projection] Review

Re: [Power Projection] Review

From: Dominic Mooney <dom@c...>
Date: Mon, 12 May 2003 20:57:22 +0100
Subject: Re: [Power Projection] Review

On Monday, May 12, 2003, at 09:16 Europe/London, Roger Burton West
wrote:

> Unless you have a ship that's specifically built to handle it, with
> lots
> of capacitors and energy-hungry weapons. (If you ever played
> Andromedans in SFB, the tactics are very similar.) I don't believe any
> of the ships in _Fighting Ships_ is built this way, though.

Bear in mind that a Tigress can land 430 (USP 9 nuke missile batteries)
x 900 EP of energy in a single round! ~429,570 EP! In HG2 terms...

ouch!

This is more than 10x the energy a Tigress can dissipate from its
capacitors per turn...

0.5% x M x J = 0.5% of 500000 x 4 = 2000000 x0.5% = 10000 dT capacitors

EP stored = 36 x 10,000 = 360,000 EP

1 extra dT capacitor = umm MCr - I can't see it offhand. Assume 4MCr if
the same as J Drive cost per dT... will ask CT-starships for cost
confirmation...

Cheers,

Dom

---------dom@cybergoths.u-net.com----------
"But everything is still the same, passing the time,
passing the blame. We carry on in the same old way,
we'll find out we left it too late one day, to say what we
meant to say." The Last Straw / Marillion

Prev: Re: [Power Projection] Review Next: Re: [Power Projection] Review