Prev: Re: Black globes (was Re: [Power Projection] Review) Next: Re: [Power Projection] Review

Re: [Power Projection] Review

From: Roger Burton West <roger@f...>
Date: Mon, 12 May 2003 09:16:34 +0100
Subject: Re: [Power Projection] Review

On Mon, May 12, 2003 at 07:49:30AM +0100, Dominic Mooney wrote:

>but my own
>opinon is that they're only worth using for strategic surprise (as a
>cloaking device). Why? Because nuclear missiles will rapidly kill a big

>BG equipped ship by overloading it rapidly (which you could do in HG2
>as well).

Unless you have a ship that's specifically built to handle it, with lots
of capacitors and energy-hungry weapons. (If you ever played
Andromedans in SFB, the tactics are very similar.) I don't believe any
of the ships in _Fighting Ships_ is built this way, though.

Roger

Prev: Re: Black globes (was Re: [Power Projection] Review) Next: Re: [Power Projection] Review