Prev: Re: [Power Projection] Review Next: Re: [Power Projection] Review

Re: [Power Projection] Website Updated 9 May 2003

From: Dominic Mooney <dom@c...>
Date: Mon, 12 May 2003 07:44:23 +0100
Subject: Re: [Power Projection] Website Updated 9 May 2003

On Friday, May 9, 2003, at 22:04 Europe/London, Jerry Acord wrote:

> Dominic Mooney wrote:
> Will PP:Fleet include everything in PP:Escort?  I.e. if Fleet is "just

> around the corner" is there really any reason to buy Escort at this
> point?

Yes, and no. It's unlikely that all the Escort Class ship SSDs in
Escort will make it to Fleet due to space constraints. At the moment,
it looks like 2 of the 14 will be in the new book as it focusses on the
big ships. Otherwise, PP:F will contain most of the content of PP:E.

Why buy PP:E beyond it's nice for us to get some cashflow into BITS to
fund PP:F? ;-)

Well -

(1) It's a good intro version with all the new weapons bar spinals.
(2) the focus for the game is slightly different because the ships are
eggshells compared to capital vessels so the feel is different as a
result.
(3) there's a stunning Jesse DeGraff cover (which is different to the
one for Fleet).
(4) Lots of SSDs that won't be in Escort (as mentioned above).
...(5) PP:F is probably 4 months off, slightly longer to get across the
pond as that needs the distributors to actually order it.

Cheers,

Dom

---------dom@cybergoths.u-net.com----------
"But everything is still the same, passing the time,
passing the blame. We carry on in the same old way,
we'll find out we left it too late one day, to say what we
meant to say." The Last Straw / Marillion

---------dom@cybergoths.u-net.com----------
'The Fool escaped from Paradise will look over
his shoulder & cry / Sit and chew on daffodils and
struggle to answer why?' Script for a Jester's Tear
http://www.marillion.com/   http://www.bits.org.uk/

Prev: Re: [Power Projection] Review Next: Re: [Power Projection] Review