Prev: Re: More Hammer's Slammers news Next: Re: [FT] Mecha conversion Re: CAV

[FT] Mecha conversion Re: CAV

From: "W. Nitsche" <bnitsche@u...>
Date: Wed, 7 May 2003 10:39:26 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: [FT] Mecha conversion Re: CAV

On Tue, 6 May 2003, The GZG Digest wrote:

> Billiam,
> When you carbon GZG-Digest as well as GZG-List, you end up sending two
> copies, and we see them twice. Send to one or the other, we'll all get
'em.
> ;->=

Yeah, I noticed. Oops!

> I have to admit FT and mecha, except for special mecha adaptions for
> fighters, has me a bit stymied. You are using FT movement for
land/aero
> mecha?
> The_Beast

Land-based only. I'm starting with mecha, and plan on adding ground
vehicles and infantry later. No funky jumpjets or flying mecha.

Basically, I'm starting with the FT1.5 unit design, using Structure as a
representation of armor/sturdiness and Thrust Rating as the number of
'hexes' you can move each turn (minus terrain mods as such). Beams are
the
same, except all weapons have a 180 degree arc (and paid for as such)
and
beam-1 have a special anti-infantry mode. Missiles and Auto/Gauss
cannons
are from scratch. PDS protects against missiles (much like they protect
against fighters).

Crits are the same as FT, except the roll at the end of each row will
not
increase each roll (will always be a '6'). Since systems can't be
repaired
I didn't want it to be too harsh.

The biggest hitch I think I'll come to is adding VTOLs to the mix, but
I'll save that for last! ;)

--Billiam

Prev: Re: More Hammer's Slammers news Next: Re: [FT] Mecha conversion Re: CAV