Prev: Re: [DS, SG] O RATS! Next: Re: CAV

Re: CAV

From: "W. Nitsche" <bnitsche@u...>
Date: Tue, 6 May 2003 10:35:35 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Re: CAV

On Mon, 5 May 2003, The GZG Digest wrote:

> >Has anyone tried Reaper's CAV?

It's a pretty good game with good game flow and intuitive mechanics. It
plays a little quicker than Battletech, mainly because it isn't as
detailed--damage to a unit is more generalized and each unit does all
its
actions at once so it isn't phase driven.

Personally, I'd rather play Battletech, but with CAV minis! ;) I don't
mean to imply BT is better than CAV, but I just like the feel of BT.

I am also in the process of designing my own version of a mecha-style
game
using Full Thrust at the core. I have to rules done, I just need to
design
some units (I plan on both Battletech and CAV conversions) and playtest
it
(which is scheduled for June with my wargaming group). If I'm happy with
it I'll make a website so you all can see, download and play it.

> CAV the miniatures? I'm not sure they fit well with anything,
including
> BattleTech, though I'm rather fond of the Scorpion thingy. However,
though
> I've mellowed appreciably with age, I still have a personal problem
with
> anthropomorphic robots.

They really are distinct miniatures and don't fit in with battletech,
mekton, heavy gear or MW Dark Age. I personally like their look and view
them as more what a walking tank _should_ look like (however you feel
about the logic of mecha). I am currently in the process of replacing
the
majority of my Battletech collection with these.

--Billiam

Prev: Re: [DS, SG] O RATS! Next: Re: CAV