Prev: RE: [GZ] DSII and FTII Re: The GZG Digest V2 #1602 Next: RE: Software Projects

Upcoming scenario at end of month - first formal draft

From: Glenn M Wilson <warbeads@j...>
Date: Mon, 05 May 2003 19:09:27 PDT
Subject: Upcoming scenario at end of month - first formal draft

Okay, I am running an introductory scenario at the end of the month.

The setting:

With apologies to Stellar Crusade...

Long Version;

The family gathered in the Commons for the Tri-D 'Cast.  This was a
"Required" broadcast.  Failure to appear was the U2 Mines for adults and
"Cherub Camp" for reeducating minors.  Consequently, all (well 99%) of
the people on the People's Holy Republic colony of Red Dawn heard the
words only time delayed from the live Broadcast back on Cotu.

The First Priest and Prophet,  Maathir Megawati Cho, raised his arms,
robed in black and scarlet, towards the "Holy Cross-Tree" Icon and
intoned,  "I have spoken with James the brother of our Lord and Saint
Che' at dawn this morning."  Silence was so profound the hum of the
projector was noticeable.  "Comrade Brothers, Sisters and Sanctified
Eunuchs, The Day of the Lords has come!  Vengeance has been ordained
from
beyond Heaven! "  The Priest-Prophet stared directly into the center of
the screen, his hands shaking with emotion and a holy fire in his eyes.
"No longer do we  bear the odious presence of these descendants of those
who formed the "Trinity of Oppression" on Earth that was the sinful
scene
of our humiliations!	 The Holy of Holies, the Blessed Communing
Trinity, has handed me the Sword of Vengeance!	These duplicitous spawn,
the "Incorporated Japanese Kingdom" - a shell for the Capitalists and
Heretics of before in a new form - have polluted the Paradise-Purgatory
we were given to perfect.  The UNSC has wisely stepped aside in fear of
the righteous WRATH OF THE THREE!  Your test is here like a thief in the
night! This sickness of Tolerance, this contamination of Capitalism and
Greed, this slime of Corporate Profits must be burned out from our
world!
 Join me in this blessed jihad-crusade and swear by the Blood of the
Holy
Saints - Mao, Lenin and Saul - that none shall rest until this holy war
is waged to it's just and righteous end!  Let this be the beginning of
the Crusade for the Stars!"

At the Intelligence console only 300 Leagues away the bronze skinned
officer turned away, "Keep recording it Li Fah.  Put the analysts to
work
to find any clues of where this will start and pass on any gleanings to
the Tac Officer.."

The face of his superior (her blue eyes showing her mixed heritage were
as alive as her expression was neutral) came into view as he turned away
from the clandestine tri-D viewer.  "How long?" She asked.

He frowned, computed the odds and answered her, "Maybe hours...."

The scream of klaxon from Aerospace Defense cut him off.

"...maybe now."

Air Defense Lasers reached out and smashed the incoming missiles.  They
hadn't expected those at a "research facility" had they?

She calmly reached over and flipped a switch and the automated voice
spoke on all circuits.

"Climb Mount Surabachi!  Climb Mount Surabachi!  Climb Mount Surabachi!"

They heard the command circuit for the Forty-First Lancers and the 123rd
Samurai come alive over the tactical board, "All mechs move out!  "Sams"
to the front and screen, Lances, Fiery Spear formation and advance!
Battle Mechs in trail positions!"  On a battle console they saw the
Infantry walkers move out followed by the two Light Mechas moving away
from the facility.

"Sending 80% of the Battle Force out is a gamble, Governor-General," he
spoke softly.

"They think they are surprising us.  When we meet them at the Golden
River and crush their Advance Force they will be the ones surprised,"
The calmness of her face was betrayed by the fire in her soft voice.

The tall dark haired officer considered her words, then spoke, "Well, we
will see how Mechs versus swarms of armor compare in real combat soon."
He made the sign of the Yen, "May we be victorious."

Her smile was negated by the blue ice of her eyes, "Our lives depend on
winning.  We have the discipline, the technology and the longer range."

"And they have the morality of numbers.  But we shall see," he replied.
He bowed, "Permission to move to my Battle Post."

"Granted," the again passive face replied.

He turned and exited the room.

She turned to the console and said an aide standing silent beside her,
"Show me the lead units of the enemy. And our warriors. "

Short version:

The surprise attack of the People's Holy Republic against the
Incorporated Japanese Kingdom on the disputed colony planet, Red Dawn,
was one noted for two things.  First, for the first time an almost
completely Mecha force squared off versus a traditional (and low tech)
combined arms force.

And second,  the IJK was not surprised.

The only surprise was the final result of the battle.

The game setting:

Rules DS2 with Advanced Walker/Mecha Rules for Dirtside 2  by Jeremy
Olsen.

5' x 8' table.

		-----------------------------
		|				 |
		|			 |
		|				 |
		-----------------------------

Generalized terrain: (rough draft)

A 5' river mid table from top to bottom.  River is NOT fordable by
TRK/HMW.

Urban Terrain around the bridge crossing the river on both sides.  A
valley through a mountainous province once part of the PHR but now one
of
several provinces contested by rebellious Dissident (some supported by
IJK money and technical advisors and a few out right mercs) governments.

Croplands, Woods and depression (TBD.)	Hilly terrain along sides of
valley, Mountains at right end with road passing through "Gap."

Road enters at left and exits 8' later at other end.

IJK forces:
Superior GCS, Superior ECM, Superior FCS.

Player 1 (required)

Off board Arty 3 X HAR (details TBD)

12 Infantry Walkers - 6 GMS/H armed (shoulders,) 6 HEL/2 armed (right OR
left arm.)  See below.

5 Class 2 Mechs (BT Protomech figures) Hel/3 ("carried Gun") and GMS/H
armed (Torso.)	Squad of 3 - Blue, 3; Squad of 2 - Blue 2.

2 Class 3 Mechs :
	Piranha - HEL3 x2 (both arms,) PDS/Enh (head.)	Green, 1.
	Commando * - HEL/4 (Right arm,) GMS/H (torso,) PDS/Enh (head) -
Red,2.
2 Class 4 Mechs:
	Bishamon * x 2 - HEL/5 (Head,) GMS/H (Torso,) PDS/Sup (Torso,)
LAD	(Torso) -  Blue,1 and Blue, 2.

Infantry walkers - Platoons of 3:
A, B, C - Blue, 1
D, E, F - Green, 1
---------
G, H, I - Blue, 2
J, K, L -Blue, 2

21 vehicles/walkers

Player 2 (optional)

* Move Commando to this force.
* Move one Bishamon to this force.

Additional force:

Experimental Training unit (local dissidents) #7:
	2 Platoons  x 3 Class 4 GRAV each - SLAM/4, FT x 2;  Green, 2
and
Blue, 2.

12 Infantry Walkers - 6 GMS/H armed, 6 HEL/2 Armed.

M, N, O - Red, 1
P, Q, R - Blue, 2
S, T, U - Green, 2
V, W, X - Green, 3

Missions:

1) Hold Bridge (PHR Trains are HMW based and river is bridged at three
points, the other two are smaller and less capable.)

2) Prevent PHR exiting off board on at IJK end (Research facility/Base
is
that way.)

PHR - all are Basic FCS, BAsic ECM, Basic GCS, * is Ablative armor.

PHR Advance Force (Player 1 - required; Player 2 optional, division of
forces TBD)

Platoons are five vehicles unless noted.

Guard Cavalry, Size 3, SGEV, HVC/3, GMS/L, PDS/Bas. *	Red, 2

HBT, STrk, Size 4, HVC/5, PDS/Bas, LAD, additional APSW.  Blue, 2

HASGV, HMW, Size 5, RAM Mortar, RFAC/1, PDS/Bas, LAD, Cargo x3
(ammunition.) Red, 3.

HAFV, Size 5, HVC/5, GMS/H, PDS/Bas, LAD, additional APSW.  Blue, 1

ASLT, Size 5, MDC/3, PDS/BAS, LAD, APFC, troop space of 8 - PA FT (IJK
Intelligence thinks the space holds 2 x Line FT (assault and rifle.)) *
Red, 2

RECON, Size 2,	RFAC/1, FT x 1 (FO trained Line Infantry,) PDS/BAS.
Blue, 1

LMICV, Size 2, RFAC/2, FT (Line Infantry.)  Red, 1

Off table Battery:
	4 x Size 4, RAM Gun, PDS/BAS, LAD, CARGO.
	1 x CBR Size 4 (details TBD)
	Green, 2

Missions:

1) Exit off farend of the board (approach IJK facility and Dissident
training bases.)

2) Control Bridge (intact.)

Surf the web up to FIVE TIMES FASTER!

Prev: RE: [GZ] DSII and FTII Re: The GZG Digest V2 #1602 Next: RE: Software Projects