Prev: Re: When Dolphins use seeds. Next: Re: Software Projects

[SG] Another Dolphin fig plus Re: When Dolphins use seeds.

From: devans@n...
Date: Mon, 5 May 2003 07:14:55 -0500
Subject: [SG] Another Dolphin fig plus Re: When Dolphins use seeds.

>Also remember that sight is not their primary sense : sound is. Expect
their
>vehicles to be as close to silent and/or mimicking background noise as
-
er -
>dolphinly possible.

Might even have sound transmissive qualities built into the 'walls' of
such
vehicles, though I'd assume threshold cut-offs similar to photo-gray
lenses
for intense light.

More likely, sensors of several varieties would be translated to sound
patterns fed into the pilot's lower jaw.

Also, when going visual, missing colors might be translated in 'fuzzy'
patterns, similar to the way we 'see' in IR and UV. With advanced tech,
the
sensor limitation is low; what you have to think on is how the culture
might be shaped by different senses predominating. Too deep for moi...

By the way, ICE used to have a Dolphin fighter for Silent Death. They
were
originally just given out at demo's; if they were ever mass-produced,
they'd make decent Dolphin untersee PA, though they didn't have arms.

The_Beast

Prev: Re: When Dolphins use seeds. Next: Re: Software Projects