Prev: When Dolphins use seeds. Next: Final Fantasy Copperhead VTOLs available

Re: When is a "dolphin" not a Dolphin

From: Glenn M Wilson <warbeads@j...>
Date: Sun, 04 May 2003 17:09:21 PDT
Subject: Re: When is a "dolphin" not a Dolphin

On Sun, 4 May 2003 11:17:18 +1000  Beth.Fulton@csiro.au writes:
<snip>
>> The big difference is that the 'dolphins' can (although very
>> seldom do) spend time on land for short periods.
>
>When you get into this look up the early whales (still in the
>transition
>from land to sea) they're probably more like what you're after....
>think
>mammal with crocodile-like habits as far as they can figure.

Okay, I'll take a look.

>> Only a few of the very young and most adventurous spend
>> more than part of a day on land (due to extreme conditions - well,
>> extreme for them - and a history of having some of such adventurous
>> sub-adults dying on such excursions.)
>
>So the young do it for excitement and the older know better?

A lot like my experiences in Los Angeles! <grin>

More like Mark Twain's Tom Sawyer, the urge for adventure and a false
sense of invincibility.

>> 2) Well, I'm a Regional Analyst and not a marine biologist...
>
>Well we'll have that corrected one day ;)

I doubt I have enough years to achieve that.

>Cheers
>
>Beth

Gracias,
Glenn

Surf the web up to FIVE TIMES FASTER!

Prev: When Dolphins use seeds. Next: Final Fantasy Copperhead VTOLs available