Prev: Re: Software Projects Next: GEV figs

Re: The GZG Digest V2 #1602

From: "Scott Clinton" <grumbling_grognard@h...>
Date: Sun, 04 May 2003 12:21:20 -0500
Subject: Re: The GZG Digest V2 #1602

<   Here is a loaded question (on this list at least <g>)   >

Has anyone tried Reaper's CAV?

The company is just up the road thus they have a decent following in the

area.  But, I know zilch about it.  It seems to be a bit more
Mechwarrior
type-soft sci-fi to me.  Is that a fair evaluation?

How does it compare to DSII?  DSII and SGII are all but unheard of for
the
most part in D/FW.   :-(

Just wonder'in,
The Grumbling Grognard

<erf2@wombatzone.com>
> [...]
> >>

> > Size 1 - 5 capacity.
> >
> > HVC/3 *2 = 6 capacity.
> >
> > 6 > 5
> >
> > RFAC/2 would work.
>
>Doh!
>
>I was thinking "oh, wait, it's a class two, that's legal."  That it's a

>class
>two *HVC* sorta breezed on past.
>
>- --
>Ray Forsythe - erf2@wombatzone.com - www.wombatzone.com
>
>------------------------------
>
>Date: Sat, 03 May 2003 17:40:48 PDT
>From: Glenn M Wilson <warbeads@juno.com>
>Subject: Re: [Stargrunt-Fullthrust] Pictures!! was: Scotia SF Infantry
>
>On Sat, 03 May 2003 16:54:15 -0000 "David Demiurg Fransson"
><stymnos@hotmail.com> writes:
> >It is strange that Scotia, who has an extensive range of SF
> >microarmour at a very attractive price has NO pictures what so ever.
> >mean, it isn't that hard to put the miniatures in a scanner. Even bad
> >pictures are better than no pictures.
> >

>No pictures or at best incompletely pictured ranges  seem to be the
norm.
>  Expense maybe is a factor.
>
> >If they sent me one of each model I would paint them, photograph them
> >before and after, in B/W and colour for them. I could even pay a
small
> >amount for it, just so that their would-be customers get pictures of
> >them.
> >

>Well, that is an offer you should make them.  Maybe they'll like it
>enough to let you do that.
>
> >One cannot expect us to buy unseen models. When SF-gaming "Image is
> >everything", so an ugly model (or one with the wrong feel) is a model
> >one will not use.
> >

>Actually a lot of companies seem to sell figures without pictures, just
>not to me most of the time.
>
> >I cannot tell you about the figures, but I hope anyone else could
tell
> >us about them, as I'm interested in them as well.
> >
> >//David
> >

>Gracias,
>Glenn

>The best thing to hit the internet in years - Juno SpeedBand!
>Surf the web up to FIVE TIMES FASTER!
>
>------------------------------
>
>Date: Sat, 03 May 2003 17:40:48 PDT
>From: Glenn M Wilson <warbeads@juno.com>
>Subject: RE: [6mm_Miniatures] Scotia SF Infantry
>
>- --------- Begin forwarded message ----------
><snip>
>
>- --------- Begin forwarded message ----------
>From: "Maksim-Smelchak" <max200@lanset.com>
>To: <warbeads@juno.com>
>Subject: RE: [6mm_Miniatures] Scotia SF Infantry
>Date: Fri, 2 May 2003 20:18:13 -0700
>
><snip> The good news:
>

>Glenn,
>
>I have them all.
>
>There is a photo attachment of what I believe to be SF1003 to SF10010.
>
>Actually, I'm not sure which one is which since I bought them
>second-hand,
>but the three large figures in front are definitely SF-1008 to
SF-10010.

>The ones in the back are probably a mix of SF1003 to SF1004 and SF-1006
>SF-1007.
>
>I also included aphot of some Stompas I customized.
>
>Shabbat Shalom,
>Maksim-Smelchak.
>
>Now, The Bad News -
>
>I use Juno (free level) and it turned the photo into... "characters..."
>
>Aaaargh!  <gnashing of teeth>
>
>I have suggested that he send it to my work e-mail or post it on the 6
mm
>list.	Depending on his time and resources he may be able to honor that
>suggestion.
>
>There is hope....
>
>6 mm miniatures rule!
>
>Gracias,
>Glenn
>R.I.P.  Triphibious@juno.com and Dwarf_warrior@juno.com
>- --------- End forwarded message ----------

>The best thing to hit the internet in years - Juno SpeedBand!
>Surf the web up to FIVE TIMES FASTER!
>
>------------------------------
>
>Date: Sun, 4 May 2003 11:17:18 +1000
>From: Beth.Fulton@csiro.au
>Subject: RE: When is a "dolphin" not a Dolphin
>
>G'day,
>
> > The klackons are more attuned to spend time in shallows
> > (well, shallow to them) waters with frequent forays unto land.
>
>Do they wear suits for this? Just curious as horse sized crustacean
isn't
>unheard off (ancient sea scorpions were that big) its supporting
themselves
>out of the water that would get difficult (in theory there's non around
>these days to actually see for sure).
>
> > The big difference is that the 'dolphins' can (although very
> > seldom do) spend time on land for short periods.
>
>When you get into this look up the early whales (still in the
transition
>from land to sea) they're probably more like what you're after....
think