Prev: Re: [OT] e-mail virus list related Next: [DS, SG] O RATS!

[SG] Blue on Blue

From: "Christopher Downes-Ward" <Christopher_Downes-Ward@a...>
Date: Fri, 2 May 2003 08:48:34 +0100
Subject: [SG] Blue on Blue

I've been designing a scenario which runs something like this:

A well know Serbian war criminal is moving between two locations in
Bosnia protected by a platoon of militia, however this move has been
spotted by a 4 man 22 SAS OP. The decision is taken to insert a reaction
force of US Rangers (2 sections and a command element) ahead of them to
set up an ambush, the SAS follow behind to act as a blocking force. The
SAS set up in one corner of the board, the rangers set up with the 2
sections forming an L along the opposite board edges to the SAS and the
Serbs set up in centre of board. OK so far, but it occurs to me that
this is a good set up for a blue on blue between the rangers and the
SAS, which is no bad thing - but how to model it?

The Serbians have a chance of spotting the rangers and deciding who
moves first, if they don't the NATO player decides.

The following are not true Orbats but represent the figures I have.

NATO Forces

M16 FP2 Impact D8
M203 FP3 Impact D8
SAW FP D8 Impact D10

SAS OP (Elite, Leadership 1, high motivation, Tired, Steady, D8 sensors,
D4 armour)
	2 troopers with M203
	2 troopers with M16

US Rangers (Fresh, Confident, D6 armour)
	HQ Element (Veteran, Leadership 1, Medium motivation, D10
sensors)
		1 Ranger officer with M16
		1 Ranger NCO with M16
		1 Ranger RTO with M16
		1 Ranger medic with M16
	2 Sections (Regular, Leadership 1 or 2, Medium motivation, D10
sensors)
		1 NCO with M16
		1 SAW Gunner
		5 Rangers with M16
		1 Ranger grenadier with M203

Serbians (Fresh, Confident, D4 armour)

Pistol FP1 Impact D10
Assault Rifle FP2 Impact D8
LMG FP D8 Impact D10
SMG FP3 Impact D8 Close only
IAVR FP D10 Impact D12*

	HQ Element (Regular, Leadership 2, high motivation, D6 sensors
(binoculars!) )
		1 Wanted man (Pistol)
		2 Bodyguards (Pistol)
		1 Officer (Pistol)
	4 "Sections" (Green, Leadership 2 or 3, low motivation, D4
sensors )
		2 Militia with Assault Riles
		3 Militia with SMG
		2 LMG
		1 RPG (IAVR x 4)

Chris Downes-Ward

the system manager.
www.mimesweeper.com

Prev: Re: [OT] e-mail virus list related Next: [DS, SG] O RATS!