Prev: Re: Dolphins & the OU Next: Re: Dolphins & the OU

Re: [FT] Worst Gaffe

From: Ray Forsythe <erf2@w...>
Date: Thu, 01 May 2003 20:20:11 -0400
Subject: Re: [FT] Worst Gaffe

Alan and Carmel Brain wrote:
> 2. Another convention game, where I thought that a Konstantin with 2
Beijing-Bs
> as escorts could shrug off an attack by 4 SMs. Then missed with every
PDS.
> The 22 dice left it with -3 hull boxes.

This brings back fond memories of my groups first game with salvo
missiles.

This was basically a "try it and see" game with two identical FSE
detachments.
Terrain was one planet and one moon in the center of the map (the BFG
cardboard
ones).	Both fleets come barreling in at each other, both charging
towards the
narrow strait between the planet and moon.  Both teams fire all tubes.
Very
high missile density.  PDS is more or less no help.  Brief pause while
we tally
up the damage to each side.

This followed by a futher very quiet pause as we contemplate the
mind-boggling
amount of damage that was just unleashed.  Lots of clattering dice
later, most
of both sides major combatants are wiped off the map leaving one poor
carrier to
loop around the planet and try to finish off the only other surving ship
from
the other side.

--
Ray Forsythe - erf2@wombatzone.com - www.wombatzone.com

Prev: Re: Dolphins & the OU Next: Re: Dolphins & the OU