Prev: RE: [SG] Alien civilians? Next: Re: [FT] Worst Gaffe

Re: [FT] Worst Gaffe

From: "Alan and Carmel Brain" <aebrain@w...>
Date: Thu, 1 May 2003 22:00:33 +1000
Subject: Re: [FT] Worst Gaffe

I'm embarressed to say that I can't recall any truly horrendous mistakes
in FT games.
I'm sure I've made many, just supressed the memory.

Disasters - those aplenty.

1. A convention game where all of one side had to FTL in, and scattered
randomly,
with all ships "off the table" being lost. I carefully positioned my
aimpoints
to minimise chances of this happening.

Then proceeded to roll 11s and 12s on all 2D6 rolls for scatter - the 2
dice were
multiplied together, and the randomly-rolled directions were to the
nearest table
edge. Scattering a minimum of 30" on a 4ft wide table meant that not a
single one of
my fleet actually made it onto the board. Almost the shortest game I've
ever been in
(the shortest game was in another genre, where my opponent moved first,
and achieved
his victory conditions before I could move).

2. Another convention game, where I thought that a Konstantin with 2
Beijing-Bs
as escorts could shrug off an attack by 4 SMs. Then missed with every
PDS.
The 22 dice left it with -3 hull boxes.

Prev: RE: [SG] Alien civilians? Next: Re: [FT] Worst Gaffe