Prev: Re: How does one deal with the missile armed ships of the FSE? Next: RE: Dolphins

RE: Dolphins

From: Beth.Fulton@c...
Date: Thu, 1 May 2003 10:14:14 +1000
Subject: RE: Dolphins

G'day,

> I hate to bring this up but about half of all dolphins
> have a sensitive tentacle like organ they use as a
> sensor - using it to feel surfaces (among other
> things). Do I need to mention it is the male half of the
> population...

I could be wrong but I think someone is having a lend of ya mate ;)

I do know male dolphins of many species (especially bottlenose) have
been
known to rub their appendage along things, but they're not exactly doing
it
so they can figure out what it is, they seem much more interested in the
sensation and end result...

I know more about your average coastal and pelagic dolphins so there
could
be something weird in one of the freshwater or rarer dolphin species.
Was
there more info on the species?

Cheers

Beth

Prev: Re: How does one deal with the missile armed ships of the FSE? Next: RE: Dolphins