Prev: Re: Looking for a particular 1/300 - 1/285 - 6 mm figure Next: Re: Re: FT: Ship Names

Re: Looking for a particular 1/300 - 1/285 - 6 mm figure

From: "Andreas Udby" <andreas.udby@h...>
Date: Wed, 30 Apr 2003 07:07:47 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Re: Looking for a particular 1/300 - 1/285 - 6 mm figure

One idea I've seen done is to use an APC hull and mount on it a radar
from a
battleship kit (there are some pretty cheap ones out there -- good for
kitbashing).  Another option would be to take any spare model piece with
a grid
or corrugation on it (such as the interior flooring from an APC model),
cut out
a square or ovoid, and then boil and bend it to a slight curvature.

I'll see if I can find any pictures that might give you and idea.

Andreas

> Date: Tue, 29 Apr 2003 18:16:08 PDT
> From: Glenn M Wilson <warbeads@juno.com>
> Subject: Looking for a particular 1/300 - 1/285 - 6 mm figure
>
> Okay, this is more strangeness, I am looking for ideas for a CBR
(Counter
> Battery radar) vehicle to go with my old/low tech PHR guys (So
> rip-offs... I mean inspired by designs... from Modern or even WW2
> vehicles are suitable.  Tracked is preferred but Wheeled might do.
>
>  What I need is something about the size of the GHQ M109/M109A1 hull
with
> a (big is better) radar instead of a turret.	If I do this I only want
> one so buying a blister's worth (a la GHQ) is counter-productive.
Anyone
> got any ideas say from Pfc-in-C (do they sell single, I forget) or
> NavWar?  Maybe an old Cold War Soviet radar for IRBM or monster SAMs?
>
> Gracias,
> Glenn

FREE web-based email for HR
professionals and loads of other helpful
resources too, at http://www.hr.com

Prev: Re: Looking for a particular 1/300 - 1/285 - 6 mm figure Next: Re: Re: FT: Ship Names