Prev: Re: Dolphins & other SJG oddities... Next: Re: FT: Ship Names

Re: Dolphins

From: Glenn M Wilson <warbeads@j...>
Date: Wed, 30 Apr 2003 03:28:58 PDT
Subject: Re: Dolphins

Beth, you're a marine biologist, right?  (Sssh, don't tell him about the
flukey things you study... let him assume what he wants... <grin>)

Just for the rest of you, I am not currently doing anything with
dolphins
(hard to find in 6 mm) for my DS 2 games but (other than Red Dawn) the
planets I use as background do have (in one case native) intelligent
life
lurking in the seas - range from about 50 to about 80 per cent of their
surfaces.  Unknown in all but one case to the governments involved -
Cotu
has the presence of at least two alien sea dwelling groups - the
not-Nektons [think cannibalistic South African Frogs with sonic weapons
and they are extremely paranoid with at least  moderate xenophobia] and
the not-Klackons [although currently not openly showing their presence
the usual attitude is "Trade, then eat the traders if they are foolish
enough to be unarmed."]

And the amount of dolphin-ness is till hazy for this native life form.
This is very much an exploratory item in my mind right now, very open to
mutation.

Gracias,
Glenn

On Wed, 30 Apr 2003 10:43:41 +0100 (BST)
=?iso-8859-1?q?Michael=20Robert=20Blair?= <pellinoire@yahoo.com> writes:
>I hate to bring this up but about half of all dolphins
>have a sensitive tentacle like organ they use as a
>sensor - using it to feel surfaces (among other
>things).
>Do I need to mention it is the male half of the
>population...
>Do we have a dolphin expert here, other than someone
>has has read a book about them recently?
>
>Michael

>Yahoo! Plus
>For a better Internet experience
>http://www.yahoo.co.uk/btoffer

Surf the web up to FIVE TIMES FASTER!

Prev: Re: Dolphins & other SJG oddities... Next: Re: FT: Ship Names