Prev: [DS2] Dirtside II FAQ updated! Next: Re: Vtols on variable height bases.

Vtols on variable height bases.

From: "Robin Fitton" <robin@r...>
Date: Tue, 29 Apr 2003 13:02:27 +0100
Subject: Vtols on variable height bases.

I picked up a copy of Zaxxon by MB games "The family version of the
classic
arcade game". Not really a classic, but fun to play with my kids.

The little space ship models in the box can be set to low mode or high,
get over the walls on the board. It is a little plastic stem, which
clicks
into the two positions.

This got me thinking about a simple mechanism to enable the same
altitude
change on a Dirtside or Battletech VTOL.  I considered a couple of very
small close fitting brass rods, but getting the perfect fit would be
difficult. Another option could be the classic radio telescopic aerial
but
they tend to be relatively long and I only wanted an inch or two of
movement.

Any thoughts?

Regards

Robin

http://www.robinf.com/gallery

Prev: [DS2] Dirtside II FAQ updated! Next: Re: Vtols on variable height bases.