Prev: Re: [DS] Irregular NSF Figures Next: Re: John Atkinson and Turkeys....

"Suited" Soldiers, was Re: [DS] Irregular NSF Figures

From: Glenn M Wilson <warbeads@j...>
Date: Mon, 28 Apr 2003 03:45:51 PDT
Subject: "Suited" Soldiers, was Re: [DS] Irregular NSF Figures

The idea of space suited soldiers brings up an issue or two:

How much capacity would space-suited soldiers needs?  "8" like PA?  "6"?

What if your foe was sea based (aquatic aliens or the Cousteauean nation
on a balkanized planet (the norm in my mind, thanks to UNSC
manipulations) goes eco-terrorist than wants the 'despoilers' off planet
(or __really__ part of the environment)?

What kit would a soldier required to fight either under water and/or in
domed sites have to have and what capacity would this require the
"Assault-sub Personnel Carriers" for a fire team?  Would SEAL style
equipment be enough to subdue an armed hostile population in a sea dome
hamlet?  What about body Armor?  What kind of weapons do you use in the
water and/or the domed cities ("Oops!  Uh, Sarge I  uh, "missed" the
vehicle with the [insert GMS name]...")?

Gracias,
Glenn

Surf the web up to FIVE TIMES FASTER!

Prev: Re: [DS] Irregular NSF Figures Next: Re: John Atkinson and Turkeys....