Prev: [DS] Dirtside Infantry firefight rules question Next: [SG2] After action report with pictures

Re: [DS] Dirtside Infantry firefight rules question

From: Ryan M Gill <rmgill@m...>
Date: Fri, 25 Apr 2003 11:31:14 -0400
Subject: Re: [DS] Dirtside Infantry firefight rules question

At 7:59 AM -0700 4/25/03, Gregory Wong wrote:
>I have another silly Dirtside II rules question I hope someone can
>clear up for me.
>
>The example on page 34 shows a 4 element infantry unit A firing on
>a 3 element unit B.  After passing his FIRE EFFECTIVENESS check,
>player A designates that A4 (an APSW) shoot at B1 (infantry team)
>and A1 (an infantry team) will also shoot at B1.  The example
>goes on to say that two chits are drawn for A1 and then three chits
>are drawn for A4.
>
>Do you draw all 5 chits at once?  Or do you draw the two chits, read
the
>result, throw the chits back in the pot, and then draw the three chits?

In fire fights or direct fire of other types (or artillery), you draw
chits for the firing element and put them back. For two weapons of
the same type (MDC 3 and a MDC 3) you draw 3 chits, put them back,
and then draw 3 more. x2 Class 2 RAM mortars firing a converged sheaf
would draw 2 chits, and then 2 chits again.

The ONLY time that chits add/stack are for DFO ordinance. 2 MAK loads
are 4 chits. 3 MAK loads are 6 chits. 4 MAK (or HEF) loads are 8
chits. Air strikes can ruin your day no matter how armored you are.

- Ryan Montieth Gill			     '01 Honda Insight -
- rmgill@SPAmindspring.com			    '85 CB700S -
- ryan.gill@SPAMturner.com		 '76 Chevy Monte Carlo -
- www.mindspring.com/~rmgill		       '72 Honda CB750 -
-				      '60 Daimler FV701H Mk2/3 -
-				   '42 Daimler Scout Car Mk II -
-	 The director of Home Security encourages you to       -
-	   turn in your neighbor & spy on your friends.        -
-  C&R-FFL  /  Protect your electronic rights!	  \ EFF-ACLU   -

Prev: [DS] Dirtside Infantry firefight rules question Next: [SG2] After action report with pictures